There’s no place like home for the holidays, right? Well why not make your listing look like it’s holiday ready? By making a few simple adjustments, you can allow your prospects to picture themselves in your listing. Turn that house into a home!
In an article published by HGTV, there were some tips on how you can make a home more welcoming and build stronger relationships. A lot of these apply to the holiday season as well:
- Take out the current owner’s photos - it can feel more like a home to your prospects rather than someone else’s home.
- Draw attention to the best attributes - well placed holiday decor can draw the eye towards a fireplace, eating area, or entertainment room.
- Get rid of personal statement items - strongly opinionated materials can be a turn-off and lessen the warm holiday feeling you are trying to achieve.
- Don’t be afraid to keep things quiet - there doesn’t have to be holiday themed music on in the background. A quiet house can allow your prospect to walk around and appreciate the home.
- Do use smells to take the prospect through the home - whether it’s a fresh baked cookies scent in the kitchen or a pine tree scent in the entryway, make the sure the holiday smell is in the air!
Buying a few holiday items can help make your home more welcoming. It is true what they say, if you’re not standing out, you’re blending in. If your listings have a personal touch to them, you’ll emerge as the agent who’s in the holiday spirit. As we’ve said before, people buy from who they like.
Stay ahead of your competitors in your MLS Board.