Ever feel like there’s too many things to accomplish and not enough time in the day?
Sometimes life can be messy, which can be a beautiful thing - but often times it can be overwhelming and feel as though you’re losing control of your daily routine. Between showings with clients and team meetings, it can be hard to stay on track and meet business deadlines. Regain control of your schedule (and your workdays) using these organizational and scheduling tips.
Stay on top of your real estate schedule using these tips:
For Your Calendar…
A calendar (both physical and digital) can help you plan your weekly agenda or remember everything you’re responsible for on a daily basis. However, oftentimes your calendar may become jam-packed and cause you to feel overwhelmed. By keeping a clean and organized calendar, you will be sure to have an efficient schedule day after day. Use these scheduling hacks to keep your calendar orderly:
- Set realistic scheduling expectations.
- We can’t all be Superman (or woman), so don’t make unrealistic plans that will end up stressing you out.
- Build lunchtime into your schedule.
- Everyone needs a midday mental break. This will help to refresh and repower your mindset, which will help you have an efficient rest of your workday.
- Remove unnecessary recurring meetings.
- Check the importance of the meetings on your calendar. Are they absolutely necessary?
- Delegate tasks if you can.
- Trust in your successful real estate team and divvy out tasks or meetings if you can. This will help save you time on things that may not require 100% of your attention.
For Your Inbox…
Nowadays there is no escaping your email. This is the primary way you communicate with new leads, clients and even your loved ones. Organizing your inbox (and keeping it that way) will help you keep up with new meetings and deadlines as well as any showing requests that come your way. Use these clean inbox tips to help you schedule and organize your days:
- Keep up with emails as they come in.
- Too many emails can be overwhelming, so do yourself a favor and read through them as they are sent to you rather than waiting until they pile up. Yes, this may be a hard task to accomplish depending on how many emails you receive on a day-to-day basis, but the sooner you can open emails the less likely you are to miss an important memo.
- If you are subscribed to any newsletters or other email campaigns that you no longer use or need, then simply unsubscribe. You don’t want to waste your valuable time reading through emails that are no longer useful to you.
- Add filters to flag important emails or contacts.
- Adding filters to your email inbox will help you flag important senders or subjects.
- Pro tip: If you’re working with a vendor or receive notifications from your CRM about real estate lead activity, add a filter to your inbox to flag the “from” email address. This will help you follow up with important emails as soon as possible.
- Check your SPAM. Regularly.
- While we can try as hard as possible to make sure an email gets to our inbox (or someone else’s), SPAM is inevitable at some point. Make sure to check your spam regularly to make sure you get every email sent to you. Maybe it’s a new contact who has never emailed you before...you don’t want to miss that opportunity!
Stay organized, stay sane, and stay on top of your game by keeping your calendar and inbox clean and orderly. Never miss a meeting or a client’s email due to disorganization or a messy schedule and get more real estate business.
How do you keep your calendar organized? Share in the comments below.