If you are reading this, you are most likely a real estate entrepreneur. In the spirit of entrepreneurship, I thought it would be interesting to interview our founder, Ryan Owen to find out what makes him tick.
Here’s what Ryan revealed during the interview:
- Even as a child, I placed great value on independence and spontaneity. Fortunately my mom understood me and let me call the shots on just about everything, including whether to go to school or stay home.
- My favorite quote is from Paolo Coelho’s The Alchemist: “There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.”
Want to get even more inspired?
Check out Top 10 Motivational Real Estate Quotes.
- My first venture? At six my friend Brenda and I sold self-made drawings door to door in our neighborhood. I was a terrible artist, which we knew, so we sold them “blind” in a brown grocery bag. Pay first, then reach your hand in the bag and choose.
- I want my son James to be a good person, to believe in his dreams - and hopefully to be as driven as me by the entrepreneurial bug. Unless of course he is too busy as a starting striker for FC Barcelona…
- It’s a dream of mine to start a nonprofit that will give away new pairs of sports shoes to underprivileged kids in honor of my grandfather – who used to fix up my sports shoes and give them to kids in need.
- I started my first company in college, but it was as much an excuse to drive around Spain visiting vineyards as it was to capture a business opportunity.
- Speaking of wine… my favorite wine regions are Bordeaux and La Rioja, but I drink more New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc than anything else.
- I love to travel and prioritize it. My favorite destinations are Northern Spain and the island of Bequia.
- I value freedom, flexibility and love above all other things in life.
- My top three favorite books in order are: 1). “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho; 2). “Treasure Island” by Robert Louis Stevenson and 3). “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle. I also go pretty crazy for the first few pages of Oliver Twist.
- I’m a risk taker. I didn’t hesitate to invest my life savings into a business after college even though I did not think I was ready to succeed. My goal was to learn – and all learning comes from action, right?